Born from the everlasting and famous Fat Grub, the Skinny Grub has the same characteristic as the Fat Grub but as the name suggests a similar profile. Not on is it in the body but the tail itself is not as wide and this lure is made from softer plastic, this makes the lure have more action in slower situations, the tail will dance under very little current or movement by the angler for those finesse bites.
4″ Curl Tail
Bream, bass, estuary perch
WHEN TO TIE ONE ON
The Atomic Skinny Grub is a slim profile curl tail lure. It is capable of being used at multiple retrieve speeds but responds best to being fished slow. It has to be rigged on a jighead and will be most effective in estuaries for bream and impoundments for bass.
HOW TO USE
• The paddle tail has to be rigged on a jighead. Make sure it is rigged straight for the most lifelike action.
• Use a loop knot for the best action. It allows the lure to swim freely.
• It can be allowed to sink and then wound steadily where the tail will twirl in the water attracting predatory fish.
• Fish will often hit it on the drop.
THINK OUTSIDE THE SQUARE
• The curl tail provides enticing action on any retrieve and works extremely well when jigged vertically.
• When used with an Atomic Seekerz jighead it will sit upright with the tail working at rest.