The Fat Grub is irresistible bait for many species. So successful is the two inch size that if you had to choose one soft plastic to go fishing with, this would be it. The over-sized curl tail provides enticing action even on the slowest of retrieves and works extremely well when jigged vertically. Regardless of rigging used, this bait is always best fished very slowly, and often gets the bite when all else fails.
Style: Curl Tail Grub.
Size: 3 Inch.
Bream, bass, estuary perch
WHEN TO TIE ONE ON
The Atomic Fat Grub is a wider profile curl tail lure. It is capable of being used at multiple retrieve speeds but responds best to bigger movements. It has to be rigged on a jighead or worm hook and will be most effective in estuaries for bream and impoundments for bass.
HOW TO USE
• The paddle tail has to be rigged on a jighead. Make sure it is rigged straight for the most lifelike action.
• Use a loop knot for the best action. It allows the lure to swim freely.
• It can be allowed to sink and then wound steadily where the tail will twirl in the water attracting predatory fish.
• Fish will often hit it on the drop.
THINK OUTSIDE THE SQUARE
• The oversized curl tail provides enticing action on any retrieve and works extremely well when jigged vertically.
• When used with an Atomic Seekerz jighead it will sit upright with the tail working at rest.