The Atomic Plazos Jerk Minnow is a unique profile incorporating flutes in the tail to increase the action of the lure. It can be rigged in a multitude of ways from weightless all the way to a standard jig head and is available in sizes sure to work on a wide range of species both inshore and offshore. They can be worked aggressively or dead sticked on a jig head and allowed to sit in the sand or mud like a worm exiting a hole.
The unique design also trolls well and has been used extensively on southern bluefin tuna. Whatever your chosen fishing target, the Atomic Plazos Jerk Minnow range has a lure perfect for your needs. The 2 ¾ inch jerk minnows are perfect for small estuary species like bream with the 6 and 7 suitable for large predatory species like jewfish and snapper.
Style: Jerk Minnow.
Size: 3 ¾ Inch.
Bream, bass, flathead, estuary perch, snapper, yellowbelly, jewfish, barra, coral trout and all other reef species.
WHEN TO TIE ONE ON
The Atomic Jerk Minnow is a soft plastic jerkbait lure shaped like a baitfish. It is capable of being used at multiple depths and has to be rigged on a jighead or worm hook and can be fished with weight or weightless. You can use this lure in estuaries in impoundments and offshore.
HOW TO USE
• The jerk minnow has to be rigged on a jighead or worm hook. Make sure it is rigged straight for the most lifelike action.
• Use a loop knot for the best action. It allows the lure to swim freely.
• It can be allowed to sink and worked back to the boat or shore with a hop off the bottom. Mix up the retrieve until you work out what the fish are responding to. Use multiple hops before letting the lure settle if you wish.
• This lure is ideal for snaggy territory as it can be rigged weedless using an Atomic weighted worm hook or Gamakatsu unweighted worm hook.
• This lure will respond well to very erratic rips.
THINK OUTSIDE THE SQUARE
• Rigged on an Atomic Seekerz jighead, the 7 inch jerk minnow makes an excellent trolling lure for tuna.
Video Jerk Minnow
Video How To Use