Tailored for targeting formidable species like big tuna, kingfish, mackerel, and wahoo, the Atomic Dragstar 190DD takes center stage as the ultimate trolling lure for offshore enthusiasts seeking unparalleled and reliable performance.
The result of extensive research and development, the Atomic Dragstar 190DD is precision-crafted, drawing insights from an array of prototypes meticulously refined over an 18-month period. Specifically designed for trolling applications, this lure has undergone rigorous testing, maintaining a steady 18 knots troll speed.
The attention to detail in its design is evident in the lure’s remarkable ability to smoothly navigate across the entire speed spectrum, delivering versatile performance from slow to fast speeds.
Crafted with a robust plastic terminal tackle molding, the Dragstar 190DD ensures that the hooks remain securely in place, even under intense pressure, exceeding the strength of traditional through-wire designs. For offshore enthusiasts seeking a trolling lure that combines reliability and effectiveness, the Atomic Dragstar 190DD stands out as the pinnacle of precision and performance.
Tuna (all species), mackerel, wahoo, kingfish
WHEN TO TIE ONE ON
The Atomic Dragstar is a high speed trolling lure for offshore use. It comes in two sizes with a max trolling speed of 15 knots for the 130mm and 18 knots for the 190mm. It is designed to be trolled for pelagic speedsters all over the country. It also works well at slow speeds.
HOW TO USE
• This lure is generally used with a heavy offshore outfit. These lures pull plenty of drag so a heavy rod and strong drag are needed.
• Use a loop knot for the best action. It allows the lure to swim freely.
• Set the lures behind the boat and troll at your desired speed. Look for current lines, or feeding birds to find the fish.
• If you are trolling multiple lures, set them at different depths and distances from the back of the boat.
THINK OUTSIDE THE SQUARE
• If you are chasing toothy fish like mackerel and wahoo, rig the lure with a length of wire to avoid bite offs.
• Once you hook up, keep trolling for another few moment, you could get a double.
• If you prefer singles, you can change the trebles that come pre-rigged