Crafted to entice formidable species such as big tuna, kingfish, mackerel, and wahoo, the Atomic Dragstar 190D emerges as the go-to trolling lure for offshore enthusiasts in pursuit of reliable and effective performance.
Precision-engineered for targeting large pelagic species, the Atomic Dragstar 190D is the result of extensive research and development, drawing insights from numerous prototypes crafted over an 18-month period. Tailored specifically for trolling applications, this lure has undergone rigorous testing, able to be trolled at 18 knots without blowing out.
The meticulous precision invested in its design is apparent in the lure’s exceptional ability to navigate seamlessly across the entire speed spectrum, offering a versatile performance from slow to fast speeds.
Enhanced with a robust plastic terminal tackle molding, the Dragstar ensures the hooks remain securely in place even under intense pressure, surpassing the strength of traditional through-wire designs. For offshore enthusiasts seeking a reliable and effective trolling lure, the Atomic Dragstar 190D stands out as the epitome of performance and precision.
Tuna (all species), mackerel, wahoo, kingfish
WHEN TO TIE ONE ON
The Atomic Dragstar is a high speed trolling lure for offshore use. It comes in two sizes with a max trolling speed of 15 knots for the 130mm and 18 knots for the 190mm. It is designed to be trolled for pelagic speedsters all over the country. It also works well at slow speeds.
HOW TO USE
• This lure is generally used with a heavy offshore outfit. These lures pull plenty of drag so a heavy rod and strong drag are needed.
• Use a loop knot for the best action. It allows the lure to swim freely.
• Set the lures behind the boat and troll at your desired speed. Look for current lines, or feeding birds to find the fish.
• If you are trolling multiple lures, set them at different depths and distances from the back of the boat.
THINK OUTSIDE THE SQUARE
• If you are chasing toothy fish like mackerel and wahoo, rig the lure with a length of wire to avoid bite offs.
• Once you hook up, keep trolling for another few moment, you could get a double.
• If you prefer singles, you can change the trebles that come pre-rigged