The Crank 38 Mid is a staple for serious lure fishermen chasing bream, bass and most estuary species. It burst onto the scene several years ago and now everyone wants a piece of the action. Many have tried but few have succeeded in copying the enticing wide wobble and rolling action the Crank has. Combined with the internal rattle, it attracts strikes from a wide range of estuary predators and is best fished with a slow steady retrieve.
bream, bass, flathead and whiting
WHEN TO TIE ONE ON
The Atomic Bream Crank 38M is a shallow diving crank bait lure. It dives to 0.7m making it ideal for water between 1 and 2 metres. It is effective around weed beds, rock walls, oyster racks, bridge pylons and wharves and jetties.
HOW TO USE
• Estuary outfits in maximum 4-8lb range will yield best results when casting. Braided lines with a flouro leader or straight through flouro line will be best.
• Use a loop knot for the best action. It allows the lure to swim freely.
• Depths up to 2 metres are suitable for this lure. Target edges or flats with weed beds and use a very slow wind retrieve for best results. This is what anglers refer to as a slow roll. The slower, the better the results will be.
• Long casts will be rewarded. Position yourself so the wind is at your back if possible.
THINK OUTSIDE THE SQUARE
• This lure is perfect for targeting rocky walls where the wind is pushing waves onto the rocks. Cast to where the water meets the rocks and start a slow retrieve. You’ll be surprised how many fish are holding in this area as the wind brings food.
• Vary your retrieve slightly by adding in a downward pull of the rod tip causing the lure to accelerate, then decelerate.